Dreamforce is right around the corner, and you should be planning how to make the most out of your time there. I have been attending Dreamforce for more than a decade and want to help you understand how to choose your sessions, how to maximize your time there, and share with you some other helpful tips I’ve picked up from all my years attending.
Sessions and Networking
As you can see when you visit the registration page, there are more than one thousand sessions available for registration. To narrow down the sessions to those that are best for you, use the built in filters and search wisely. To get information about planned features search for “Roadmap” and you will find sessions given by Salesforce product management. To find sessions that showcase real-life customer successes search for “How” and you will find insightful sessions given by customers about how they succeeded with various Salesforce products. Be sure to register for keynotes in your areas of interest as those will also feature roadmap items and discuss the overall state and vision of the product. Favorite more sessions than you can attend, even overlapping, because, inevitably, you will end up changing your plans and it will be good to have back up sessions.
Mark the sessions that are most important to you as “cannot miss” and do whatever you can to get to those. Leave enough time in your plans, so that you can get to and from your “cannot miss” sessions. For the rest of your sessions, be flexible. Include time to have conversations with other attendees, Salesforce product managers, or session presenters. Attend Community Networking sessions to learn and discuss how you and other customers are using Salesforce to succeed. These networking opportunities can be just as valuable as attending a session.
Having a session and networking plan will put you ahead of the game, but there are also some other tips that will help make your experience more enjoyable.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Most people dressed in smart casual or casual, you will also see that they all wear sneakers.
- Plan for the weather. It gets colder at night. Pack a coat. It may rain. Pack a small umbrella.
- Install the Salesforce Events app on your phone so that you can access your session calendar and see other event information.
- Bring a cellphone charging power bank. You’ll be using your phone all the time with the app and outlets for charging are limited.
- Pack some snacks in your bag. While lunch is provided, all of that walking will make you hungry.
- Take time to sit down and unwind. In addition to all of the walking, there is a lot going on that is mentally draining.
Trifecta at Dreamforce
We at Trifecta will be heavily engaged at Dreamforce. We’ve been working on some cutting edge commerce functionality, including Headless Commerce on Core (B2B / D2C), which you will be able to see at the Partner Innovation Demo Station’s Commerce Campground on Wednesday from 1:30pm – 1:45pm. Additionally, you can reach out to us directly and register for a Private 1-to-1 by signing up with this form.
By planning your sessions in a smart way, leaving time for networking, and packing for the conditions, you will maximize your Dreamforce 2023 experience. I wish you safe travels, and hope to see you at Dreamforce!